subnav icon More

A land severance is the authorized separation of a piece of land to form a new lot or a new parcel of land. This is commonly known as a consent. It is required if you want to sell, mortgage, charge or enter into any agreement for a portion of your land. If the two parts are split already, by a road or railway for example, consent is not needed.

Before you apply for a severance, you should consult with municipal staff. Our Community Planner can tell you how to apply, what supporting material you must submit and what other permits or approvals may be required. Reviewing the Consent Process Step by Step Guide may also be helpful.

Useful Link

Severance Application Form

SDG Counties Website

Contact Us