Conservation Authority

subnav icon More

Raisin Region Conservation Authority

According to certain zoning restrictions, authorization may be required from the Raisin Region Conservation Authority (RRCA) before a building, renovation or sewage project may be processed.

A Property Inquiry Form must be filled out and signed prior to a file being processed. The submitted form must include the legal address such as lot, concession and roll number, a municipal address (if applicable), the municipality and/or former municipality and a description of the proposed use of land and/or project.

The RRCA written response details relevant natural hazard and natural heritage issues, pertinent planning information such as applicable setbacks and environmental protection designations, floodplain mapping (if applicable) and an O. Reg. 175/06 permit application should the proponent require one.

Providing a location map or survey to the RRCA is extremely helpful in expediting the request. Due to the large volume of requests, you can anticipate a minimum of two weeks following the receipt of a written request for the RRCA to provide written comments.

Detailed property inquiries require time to search through relevant files, maps, planning documents and regulations. Depending on how complex the file is, onsite verification by RRCA staff may also be required. The Watershed Planner will provide a formal response after careful examination and verification of the information.

For more information, contact the RRCA at (613) 938-3611.

Contact Us