subnav icon More

Marriage Services

You can apply for a marriage license in-person at the Municipal Office. Please note, you should make an appointment to have your license issued.  Please call our office to request an appointment or e-mail

Marriage licenses can be issued no more than ninety (90) days in advance of your intended date of marriage. You may download the Marriage License form prior to visiting the office. These forms can also be provided in person at our office. At least one of the two individuals getting married must submit the application-in person. 

The fee for a marriage license is $100.00. 

Members of our Corporate Services Department issue Marriage Licences and can provide Wedding Officiant services for civil/non-denominational marriages for an additional fee: 

The additional fee for an in-office ceremony is $150.00

In-office ceremonies can be scheduled during regular Township hours of operation, Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:00pm 

There are only 10 people permitted in the room at one time for the ceremony. This includes the officiant, the couple, two witnesses and up to five guests.

The additional fees for an off site ceremony is $150.00 for the ceremony and $200.00 for the Officiant

Off site ceremonies can be scheduled on evenings and weekends outside of regular Township hours of operation.

Identification Requirements

Two (2) original pieces of identification are required for each of the parties (photocopies are not accepted) as follows:

  • Birth certificate
  • Valid passport
  • Valid driver's license
  • Canadian citizenship card
  • Canadian government refugee travel document
  • United States green card
  • Indigenous status card
  • Permanent residency card or record of immigrant landing
  • Ontario Photo Card
  • Citizenship card from any country
  • Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC)
  • Possession & Acquisition License (PAL)

We cannot accept Ontario health cards or social insurance number (SIN) cards as valid forms of identification.

Divorce Documents Required

When an Applicant has been divorced and the Divorce was granted in Canada, the original or a Court Certified Copy of the Decree Absolute or Certificate of Divorce is required.  A Copy can only be certified by the Court in which the Applicant was divorced (a photocopy will not be accepted).  In the case of a Divorce granted in Quebec, the Divorce Judgment will only be accepted if it was issued before 1986.

Any divorce(s) granted outside of Canada requires special authorization from the Province BEFORE the marriage licence application can be processed by the municipal licensing officer. If the divorce was granted outside of Canada, please consult the Clerk's Division for further details. The process of applying for and receiving the necessary authorization may result in a delay in the issuance of the Marriage Licence.

Contact Us