Applications, Licences, Permits and Inquiries

This section contains information on Building Permits, Swimming Pools, Minor Variance Application, Schedule of Fees and Burn Application - Request for Authorization for Open-air Fires as well as links to Township or external resources.

Before You Start

Prior to the start of any construction or renovation project, residents of the Township (or individuals acting on behalf of or representing the residents) should meet with the officials in the Building Department in order to ensure that all proper documentation and procedures are in place prior to the construction or renovation.

E-mail the Planning and Building Information Officer or call 613-347-1166 for more information. 

  Road Cuts
 Road Cut Application Form

Back to top

Building Permits

Select and complete the appropriate document regarding building permits. The document can then be brought to the Township Office with the required information and base fee*.

New Residential Construction
Residential Additions
Residential Attached Garages & Carports
Finished Basement
Residential Interior Renovations
Residential Decks
Residential Accessory Buildings
Solar Electric Panels or Solar Thermal Panels
Solid Fuel-Burning Appliance
Building Permit By-Law

Entranceway Permit

Sewage System Application

*NOTE: The Building and Planning Department makes every effort to ensure an efficient turnaround time for permit approval. Therefore, it is very important to submit a complete application in order for the review and approval process to be completed as quickly as possible.

Back to top

Swimming Pools

Pool Enclosure By-law 16-18

Application for Swimming Pool Permit

Back to top

Minor Variance Application

Minor Variance Application Form  
Minor Variance Step by Step Guide

Back to top

Building & Planning Additional Information 

For detailed information on building and planning projects, e-mail the Building & Planning Information Officer or call 613-347-1166. 

Back to top  

Burn Application - Request for Authorization for Open-air Fires

Open air fires may only be burned in South Glengarry upon receiving permission from the Township Office after filling in a Burn Application.


Burn Bans must be respected at all times even if you have obtained a burn permit.


Please provide the information requested and allow time for a response back to confirm that you have permission for an open air fire. Once the township has had time to contact the appropriate fire departments, you will be contacted with authorization for the open-air burn.

Burn By-Law 13-15
Resident Burn Application Form 

Back to top

 Additional Resources


Before You Dig

Building or Renovating
Conservation Authority  
Control & Licensing of Animals 
Property Standards Inquiries & Complaints
Sewage Inspection